WHO ARE WE

We are Selam and Andiy. After Natnael passed away we wanted to continue his task of teaching children about their country of origin and helping families to find their stories.
This blog is to teach the children that go abroad something about their birth country and to give to the adoptive parents a way to search the biological family of their child.
Contact us at:

Is important what you tell your children about themselves.

Sunday, March 10, 2013


A PART OF MY STORY

When I was born my mother was in trouble, and in addition to this I have a twin sister, that means it was not easy at all.

She was not able to grow up us and she went to mission and they accepted us because we were twins. In the mission we entered when we were about 3 years old. We were living with our mother and during the day we were staying in the mission getting from there food, clothes and other primary necessities. There we were a lot of children and we grew up together. We have had good time there and I have a lot of memories from the mission.  Now is not existing any more and somehow I miss the times I was there.

I’m not an adopted child. I know is not the same to grow up in a mission but even from the mission the smaller children were being adopted some times and I have asked myself what was happening in their lives.

Because of that I’m very happy to help the children to back to their roots. When I find the real story of a child I feel I have done a great thing, instead sometimes I can not get the truth and I feel sad about that.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing a part of your story. My Ethiopian daughters are twins and I can imagine Ethiopian families feeling that twins are such a blessing but also difficult to to provide for.

    ReplyDelete